Party Wall Award Handling

Damp Survey, Building Surveying
Buildings insurance claims assistance, claims consultant
Loss adjuster support

Party Wall Award Handling

If you are planning a building project that involves work to a shared structure, such as a party wall, chimney breast etc, or are planning to excavate within 6 meters of a neighbour’s property then you will likely need to notify your neighbours. This must happen prior to starting the work.


Your neighbour can then either give you permission to proceed or if not, a surveyor will need to be appointed to act on each person’s behalf to obtain a Party Wall Award. Our services include handling the notices and/or acting on behalf of you if obtaining a party wall award becomes necessary.

Conversely, should you be notified by a neighbour or their representatives of their intention to undertake works then we would be pleased to act on your behalf.

Marc Tate is a certified member of the Faculty of Party Wall Surveyors (MFPWS).


The following link is to a document on the FPWS website that gives further guidance relating to the Party Wall etc. Act 1996.


We can charge by the hour for minor work or quote per award, depending on the specific project and circumstances.


Please contact us to discuss further.